1. The coral reefs are the marine counterpart of–
A. Temperate forest
B. Tropical rain forest
C. Savannah D. Scrub land
2. Genes are made up of–
C. DNA & RNA
3. Which one of the following gas comes out during photosynthesis?
B. Carbon dioxide
4. Role of chlorophyll in photosynthesis–
A. Absorption of water
B. Absorption of light energy
C. Absorption of CO2
D. None of These
5. Cylindrical lens issued by a person suffering from–
6. Whose experiments proved that the speed of light is always same?
A. James Clark Maxwell
B. Michelson and Marley
C. Miller and Stanley
D. Werner Heisenberg
7. How Many images can a man see if he stands between two plane mirrors inclined at an angle of 60°?
8. The conductivity of ideal superconductor is –
B. Very large
C. Very small
9. The resistance of an ideal voltmeter is
B. Very low
C. Very high
10. Who was the founder of the Sufi order in India?
A. Khwaja Moinuddin chisti
B. Khwaja Qutubuddin Bakhtiyar kaki
C. Shaikh Nizamuddin Auliya
D. Shaikh Nasiruddin Mahmud
11. Who has been described as The” Akbar of the Sultanate” by Elliot?
C. Alauddin Khalji
D. Firoz Tughlaq
12. Who was appointed Deputy Dewan of Murshidabad (Bengal) by Robert Clive after the Allahabad Treaty?
A. Mohd Raza Khan
B. Raja Shitab Rai
C. Rai Durlabh
D. Syed Gulam Hussain
13. Where was Azad Hind Fauj setup ?
14. The Rowlett Act aimed at
A. Compulsory economic support to war efforts.
B. Imprisonment without trial and summary procedures for trial
C. Imposition of restriction on freedom of the press.
D. Suppression of the Khilafat movement
15. Which of the following Animals was not known to the Indus valley civilization?
16. The Ancient name of North Bihar was
17. Who among the following was contemporary of chingiz khan
A. Mahmud Ghazanavi
C. Alauddin khilji
18. Which Sikh Guru helped the rebel prince Khusro with money and blessing ?
A. Guru Hargovind
B. Guru Govind Singh
C. Guru Arjun dev
D. Guru Tegh Bahadur
19. Which one of the following pairs is matched correctly?
A. Supreme court of India ? Article 318
B. Election commission of India ? Article 324
C. Union public service commission ? Article 332
D. Attorney General ? Article 35
20. By whom Yavanika or curtain was introduced in Indian theatre?
21. The office of Lokpal and Lokayukta in India is based on which one of the following?
A. Parliamentary Commissioner of UK
B. Ombudsman in Scandinavia
C. Procurator General of Russia
D. Council of state in France
22. The presidential government operates on the principle of
A. Division of powers between centre and states.
B. Centralization of powers
C. Balance of powers.
D. Separation of powers
23. Who was the last ruler of Tuglaq dynasty of the Delhi sultanate ?
A. Firoz Shah Tughlaq
B. Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq II
C. Mahmud Shah Tughlaq
D. Nasarat Shah
24. For which art Sonal Mansingh is famous?
A. Odissi dancing style
B. Vocal music
D. Instrumental music
25. Which of the following is not related to “sitar”?
A. Amir Khusro
B. Ravi Shankar
C. Ustad Allauddin
D. Vilayat Ali Khan
26. Which of the following book is not authored by Karl Marx ?
A. German Ideology
B. Critique of the Gotha Programme
C. Paris Manuscripts
D. Science of Logic
27. Gandhi described himself as a
C. Social democrat
D. Philosophical anarchist
28. Which amendment of the constitution of India limits the number of ministers?
29. Which one of the following committees is not associated with Panchayti Raj inIndia?
A. Sadiq Ali committee
B. Dinesh Goswami committee
C. L. M. Singhvi committee
D. P. K. Thungan committee
30. Which of the following resulted from Bretton woods conference?
A. United Nations
B. League of Nations
C. Institutions meant for checking nuclear proliferation
D. World Bank and IMF
31. Maximum area of Manipur is
D. Marsh (Daldal)
32. Kapili River is tributary of which the following river?
33. Kerala is known in world for
34. ‘Moka’ coffee is produced by
35. Which is Organic Acid?
A. Citric Acid
B. Sulfuric Acid
C. Nitric Acid
D. Sulfurous Acid
36. Baby Blue syndrome is because of
37. Collection of preserved plant specimens is called
38. Which one is known as “flame of the forest” is –
A. Butea monosperma
B. Bauhinia variegata
C. Jacaranda mimosifolia
D. Tectona grandis
39. Minamata disease is caused by –
40. Which one of the following groups of organisms has significance in diagnosing the death by drowning?
41. Archaeopteryx is a connecting link between which of the following classes of animals ?
A. Amphibia and Aves
B. Reptilia and Aves
C. Reptilia and mammalia
D. Aves and Mammalia
42. Pearl is mainly constituted of
A. Calcium Oxalate
B. Calcium Sulphate
C. Calcium Carbonate
D. Calcium Oxide
43. Buxa Tiger project is located in which state of India ?
A. Madhya Pradesh
D. West Bengal
44. In which of the following crop Azolla Anabaena bio fertilizer is used?
45. By which process the sea water can be converted into pure water?
C. Electric separation
D. Reverse osmosis
46. Pheromones are found in –
47. National Water Development Agency was established in the year
48. ‘Hot spot’ of Bio diversity in India are –
A. Western Himalayas and Eastern Ghat
B. Western Himalayas and Sunderban
C. Eastern Himalaya and Western Ghat
D. Eastern Himalaya and Silent valley
1.d 2.a 3.a 4.b 5.a 6.b 7.c 8.a
9.d 10.a 11.d 12.a 13.c 14.b 15.b 16.a
17.b 18.c 19.b 20.b 21.b 22.d 23.c 24.a
25.c 26.d 27.d 28.d 29.b 30.d 31.b 32.d
33.c 34.d 35.a 36.d 37.a 38.a 39.a 40.d
41.b 42.c 43.d 44.b 45.d 46.a 47.c 48.c